Sunday, January 18, 2009

What have I done ?

I have recently been setting up a book auction in Salisbury. I thought it would be good to have a decent, high (ish) end sale - with lots starting at around £50 + (so books of retail value of around £100). Am planning to hold it in the Guildhall - so all very classy and nice.

You would think !

My first promise of lots for the auction has come in. This would be very exciting - except that it has come from a gent who regularly tries to sell me old National Geographic magazines and Reader's Digest condensed volumes - and who will not believe me that neither are saleable.

Do you think he will offer me incunabula ?

3 comments:

Griffin said...

Just a wild guess, but he probably thinks he is. But mainly, no.

Rachel Green said...

The condensed Dead Sea Scrolls, perhaps?

Unknown said...

I suspect it will be a job lot of magazines sadly :(

If anyone has any real lots - let me know :)